You look at things and tell us how you feel about them. You can do that by liking or disliking them or by saving or deciding to buy them.
Two co-founders from Sillicon Valley with extensive machine-learning backrgrounds and an eye for beauty.
- What does it do? A: Well, it's a search engine for things that are cool,fashionable,funny,you know, they have IT. Ranking by how stylish and different a thing is, it's something new and not serviced well. For example try to find a cool tshirt in Google and now try our search.
- Why did you built it? A:In our online existence we consume a LOT of user generated content, especially image and media blogs (see Tumblr), and we thought there has to be a better way to discover beautiful things then just subscribing to thousands of feeds and reading them linearly in a feed reader. We came up with Snobsters, which is a mix of a search engine and a fashion magazine. The beta version allows you to explore freely all the cool content we indexed, but in our next version we will support learning and personalization.
- How does it work? A: Right now its a search engine experience with the additional possibility of jumping through related tags. So we go through the normal steps: we discover sources we like, we crawl, we index, we learn how to rank. The secret sauce is a combination of sources, metadata and the ranking function. On top of this, more goodness will be added once the personalization algorithm is integrated.
- Where are the results coming from? A: Millions of blogs and stores.
- Are you guys funded? How are you going to make money? A: No, but we are looking. As for monetization, NO ADS. Just proper product recommendations and making money on sales commision. We are thinking of splitting that with you guys as cashback. More to come.
BY EMAIL: email@example.com